Scrap Attack Quilt Progress And A Bit Of Randomness


I finished up the last of the 36 blocks needed for this little quilt last weekend.  Now it's paper peeling time.  Picking the paper off of the back of paper pieced blocks is not my favorite activity. Hopefully it will be tempered by some TV watching at the same time.  

I feel as though I hardly even made a dent in my scraps, though.  How is it even possible that I still have this many strings left over?  Just for reference, the drawer that they are in is approximately  18 inches by 22 inches by about 6 inches deep.  I told you all that I have a huge task in front of me to tame these scraps by the end of summer.  Here's the proof.


I'm considering joining my friend Amanda over at Crazy Mom Quilts for her Scrap Vortex quilt along.  Her use of scraps is really phenomenal and always inspires me to try something new.  I have used her slab piecing method before with tiny scraps and it really turns out awesome.

I used that method on a pillow I made for my niece's birthday a couple of years ago.  I took an "anything goes" approach to it and I was really pleased with the results.




7 comments:

Unknown said...

Bought the pattern cant get all the strips to fit what did u do

Laurrie said...

What is the name of this pattern, it is absolutely gorgeous! I would love to make one as I have an even bigger bin of strings waiting to become a masterpiece.

OceangirlBC said...

Where do I find this pattern. Couldn’t find it on your website. apenpatt@gmail.com

Trish said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I do string and strip quilts and have never seen anything like this. I have boxes already cut of stirps in all sizes. Can you purchase a pattern for this and where?

Unknown said...

What is the name of this quilt and where can I get the pattern?

Anonymous said...

****Name**** The paper piece block is called Scrap Attack Block, it's free and can be found in Pinterest.

Linda said...

The paper pieced block is called Scrap Attack. It was free years ago when I got it. It is by From Blank Pages and is available on their website. https://fromblankpages.com/product/scrap-attack/

Follow on Bloglovin