Flower girl dresses, episode 1.

As I mentioned before, my friend's sister has asked me to make two flower girl dresses for her upcoming wedding.  She wanted a one shoulder design.  That can be a little challenging when you are talking about making that in a 2T and a 3T.  I made the design call to have just a small strap on one side and a full shoulder on the other.  I was afraid that it would gap and not hang right if I just left it open.  Little girls are just not built like big girls, if you know what I mean.  Here is a photoshop edit of a similar dress to what I will be making.  The skirt will be a touch longer, and the sash will be different.  The fabric is nearly identical. It will be fully lined and include a built in crinoline.

Next step... drawing the patterns.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Follow on Bloglovin